How to change the X view port!

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jun 27 09:11:40 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 12:49 -0300, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes
wrote:

> So, what I want to know is if we have some way in X or if it can be
> easely implemented to chage the part of the screen that is clipped and
> send to display, so when the user move the pointer in direction of the
> magnified screen, the pointer don't go in the magnified screen, but the
> half screen start to appear? What I think that must be done is change
> the origin clipping coordinate to be clipped foward.

Have you looked at my demonstration of a full-screen magnifier
application called 'diopter' in /cvs/xapps on freedesktop.org?  I built
this as a demonstration for the FSG accessibility workshop last January
in Hawaii.

It shows a full-screen magnifier that passes input to the underlying
windows using an updated version of the Shape extension.

-keith