VGA arbitration: API proposal

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at dunaweb.hu
Sat Mar 5 10:35:56 PST 2005

Jon Smirl írta:

> There is definitely a demand for systems with multiple videos card
> allowing multiple simultaneous logins. The ruby project implements
> this with a current kernel diff of 13,000 lines. There are also two

Sorry, the 13000 lines is false as the Linux-ruby tree stands now.

Three large console subsytem cleanups went into AKPM's -mm tree,
that were also part of the ruby changes. I decided to rebase ruby
on 2.6.11-rc4 and the -mm cleanups, leaving out the modified terminal
emulation. That alone was more than one third of the whole diff.
Aivil Stoss made it fully working on 2.6.11-rc4-mm1.

In the original ruby patch, all the function moving-around
accounted for another one third. I also avoided it wherever
it was possible. Now the latest ruby diff is very straightforward
in only 5760 lines. Well, actually it's 8547 lines but it contains
an accidentally left in .orig file.

I talk about this patch:
http://www.ltn.lv/~aivils/files/test/ruby-2.6.11-rc4-mm1-4.diff.bz2

Best regards,