XTest+Xinerama

Artem Ananiev ixmal at vyte-c.ru
Mon Mar 21 01:55:12 PST 2005

Hello,

can anyone help me with the subj? I try to use XTest extention to
simulate user actions, but it seems to work incorrectly on dual-head
xinerama-enabled configurations:(

A simple example: I have two monitors attached to my Matrox G400 card;
the first one is (x=0, y=0, w=1280, h=1024), the second is (1280, 0,
1280, 1024). Then I use

XTestFakeMotionEvent(display, 0 /* this param is screen no, but on
xinerama there is only one screen 0 */, 1300, 0, CurrentTime /* this
means no delay */).

I expect the mouse to be positioned on (1300, 0) - it is the beginning
of the secondary monitor - but it is moved to (1280, 0) instead. How can
I solve the problem?

Thanks.