What will be next in X.org 6.8.4 / 6.9 / 7.0 ?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Mar 29 11:30:04 PST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 11:06, piethein at gamesnel.nl wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I'll give it a
> shot :). I was wondering what we could expect for the next release of
> x.org? Any interesting features?

There will be no new interesting features in 6.8.x, by definition, it's a
stable release series.  What will appear in 6.9/7.0 remains to be seen.  (Not
trying to be mysterious there, it's really just a matter of what gets
finished in time.)

The only difference between the simultaneous 6.9 and 7.0 releases will be the
change to an autotooled build system.  Please see

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/ModularizationProposal

for the details on that.

> I haven't seen any interesting osnews interviews the last time.

To my knowledge no one from osnews has tried to interview any X people
recently.

- ajax