A Problem About Cross Compiling

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat May 7 05:05:58 PDT 2005

Bora Sahin wrote:

> I think there is a misunderstanding here. Let me do try to express it more clearly. My host.def file
> is below...
>
> #define NothingOutsideProjectRoot YES
> #define UseInstalledOnCrossCompile YES

Strange

> Xorg finds my crosstoolchain correctly. It compiles but when it comes to xkbcomp/cross dir, it fires
> error message and says libxkbfile is not found. But the problem is in the point of trying to find
> host system's xkbfile, not the crosscompiled one. libxkbfile is in the correct dir. I think this is
> "extra" dir.

The xkbcomp/cross dir is for compiling a version which is runnable on the
compile host, not the target host. The target host version is in
programs/xkbcomp. So it's absolutly necessary to link with the host libxkbfile.
If this is not available it will break.

> and pass that phase but I am wondering if this is a build bug or not?

No. You need all X11 libraries on the host system for creating some tools
which are needed for running the compile process. These are for example
xkbcomp, fc-cache and some others. If you specify UseInstalledOnCrossCompile
it should not try to compile these programs but use the installed instead.

bye
        ago
NP: SITD - Wegweiser
 Alexander.Gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de