A Problem About Cross Compiling

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun May 8 08:51:28 PDT 2005

Bora Sahin wrote:

> As far as I understood, "UseInstalledOnCrossCompile" option should provide using some host tools,
> but instead my build process tries to compile it, this is only xkbcomp. My host system is Debian.
> May the problem stem from the build process not finding the xkbcomp in the host system, perhaps it
> is not in the expected place?

This is from programs/xkbcomp/Imakefile

#if CrossCompiling && !UseInstalledOnCrossCompile
         CROSS = cross
#endif

So it only builds the host variant if UseInstalledOnCrossCompile is defined as NO.
Maybe you added the define to host.def after the Makefile was created.

Running "make Makefile" in xc/programs/xkbcomp will create a new Makefile which does
not enter the cross directory and will not build the host version.

If this does not help, then UseInstalledOnCrossCompile is redefined somewhere else

bye
        ago
NP: SITD - Wegweiser
 Alexander.Gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de