Deprecated components

Tue May 10 08:05:40 PDT 2005

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> Anything else that people should be warned is not to be counted on for
>> the
>> future?

After sending this I remembered another one - the "Keyboard" driver, which
I don't think can be removed yet since there's still too many platforms not
yet ported to "kbd", but is definitely deprecated.

> In my opinion, the transition to Xorg from XFree86 was rather painless,
> and probably nobody uses the compatibility hack to name things XFree86.

You'ld be surprised.   (I know we use it in our JDS Linux, which is a Sun
customized variant of SuSE's distro, since YaST really wants XFree86 in the
version of SuSE we build on, but we really want XOrg 6.8.x for Xevie &
Damage for accessibility projects.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com