Some Obscure Problem

Bora Sahin bora.sahin at ttnet.net.tr
Tue May 10 14:11:52 PDT 2005

Hello,

Jerome> I think we face the same problem visual problem with r300 & 2d acceleration..
Jerome> Having a picture (even digital camera could help a lot to see it exactly :))

Jerome> Something like this  ?
Jerome> http://dj.planet-d.net/Capture.png

Jerome> Thus if it's same problem it's simply a endianness issue. If you see
Jerome> not artifact
Jerome> in 640*480*8 this is most likely because this is a 8bits modes...

I tried 8 bit depth(Xorg uses PSEUDOCOLOR) and no success. But my working area is a xterm:
background - white, foreground - black(Characters). So if my assumptations are correct, depth is
not problem in this case. The problem is pixel locations. I didnt put e.g. the pixel which has
(50,50) coordinate to the correct point in the frame buffer. Is this a correct approach to the
problem?

Secondly, If my card supports byte switching, I should do that in SMI_MapMem() function before the
the first [in|out][16/32] call? I am asking this because I didnt do any video driver work before and
dont know Xorg stuff much.(My first tries) Although there are other function calls before
SMI_MemMap(), I dont think they do in/out but I want to be consistent with general guidelines before
doing it...

Thanks in advance...

--
Bora SAHIN