Change list from 6.8 to HEAD, and 7.0 plans

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat May 21 10:24:13 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:25:40PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> The development plan for modular is basically the bootstrap order: protocol
> headers, libs, server, apps.  I would expect these to proceed in rough order
> for each platform, but that different platforms could be at different stages
> in the process.  Given that, and the above timeline, I would say the
> following would be worst-case dates for finishing each step:  (note that
> platform-specific fixes can go in during the release cycle)
>
> May 13:  headers
> May 27:  libs
> June 10: server
> June 24: apps

Uhm, oops.

So, it's the 22nd of May.  People who want to do the libs should do so
quick smart.  If people want to make any changes to protocol headers,
you have until 0001 UTC on the 24th of May (that's about 103 hours from
now) to either make your change, or raise a very convincing objection.

If not, I'm going to post up tarballs of all the protcol modules and
declare them final and that they shouldn't change for R7 unless someone
has a really good reason to change it.

Alan, does this sit well with you for 6.9?

Cheers,
Daniel