Keyboard mapping

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at dunaweb.hu
Sun May 22 09:54:14 PDT 2005

Jon Smirl írta:
> Another issue is multiple keyboards. It's not clear to me if the
> kernel supports multiple simultaneous keymaps.

The mainstream kernel blends all keyboards together, e.g.
no matter which keyboard you type on, the active console
gets it.

This is changed in the Ruby multiconsole extension,
http://linuxconsole.sf.net or http://www.ltn.lv/~aivils/
where multiple active consoles exist and keyboards are assigned
to their respective consoles. The keyboards can be reassigned
manually later. With this extension, every keyboards can have
their own keymaps.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi