X.org 6.8.2 and Unichrome

Hugo Mills hugo-xorg at carfax.org.uk
Wed Nov 2 10:44:03 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 05:34:53PM +0100, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>  > Well the xine log looks ok to me... but I don't know much about
> xine, so you
> >may want to drop them a line directly. Maybe it's possible to get more
> >verbose logging.
> >
> nope, this line looks wrong :
>
> video_out_xxmc: warning - compiled with no vld extensions.
>
> I guess you need to compile xine-lib after xorg in order for it to find
> the proper headers. Propably off-topic for here.

   Yes, this was the problem. I was missing the vldXvMC.h header in
include/X11. I was also missing the correct permissions to write to
/dev/dri. With those two fixed, X usage drops to 0% and xine drops to
about 35% during playback.

   Many thanks for your help (and Ivor's) in poking me in the right
direction, and apologies for being dim and not spotting the Xine
mis-build earlier.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk