EXA Things

Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek morgoth6 at box43.pl
Fri Nov 4 13:56:21 PST 2005

Hell[o] Benjamin,

On 2005-11-04, you wrote:

> Because there is an issue with the patch and the surface registers
> manipulation and I didn't have time to make a new version of the patch
> yet. As simple as that.

Ahhh, OK. I asked because a friend of mine was hit by the same problem and
it seems he is afraid to use any external patches. No ideas why. ThX for
info.

> Yes, happens for me too, especially with gtk. Not sure exactly what's
> up.

Nice to hear I am not alone ;)

> How so ? Works quite fine with the compmgr here.

Hmmm. Good question, but EXA with Gnome works here realy bad. As I told
before I have a problems to move a terminal window for example because the
mouse pointer starts to jump when I try to. The CPU usage is rising also to
almost 100% No ideas how I can help to trace that. If I can do something
just say.

> There is a known problem with the compmgr, I haven't seen any problem
> with current Exa without compmgr other than the occasional issue with
> pixmap repeats and some version of cairo.

For now I back to XAA and KDE. But I will try to grab a screenshoot in the
future.

Regards
--
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::