EXA Things

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Nov 5 13:45:09 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 20:24 +0000, morgoth6 at box43.pl wrote:
> Hell[o]
>
> > [...]
>
> This seems to be easy to reproduce. You will need only a Torsmo program and some free time to give it a try.
>
> First thing you need to disable desktop rendering in Gnome. To do that use gconf-editor and disable / -> Apps -> Nautilus -> Preferences -> show_desktop. Reload Gnome and run Torsmo program for example with my configuration file (http://www.tbs-software.com/morgoth/files/private/.torsmorc) Normaly I run it using 'torsmo -a top_left -x 10 -y 64 -d'
>
> After that open a gnome terminal for example and try to move it quickly a few times. When EXA is enabled here this is almost impossible ...

Ok, I can indeed see a problem when using that torsmo program (note that
I didn't have to disable desktop rendering). So there is no "gnome is
unuseable with EXA" problem. Instead, there is a "Torsmo makes gnome
unuseable" problem.

I'll have a look when I find some time.

BTW. Whoever packages Tormsmo could think about putting a _sane_ default
config file instead of having that stuff try to poke random i2c devices.

Ben.