ZAxisMapping causing trouble

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed Nov 9 07:39:20 PST 2005

On Nov 07, 05 19:00:17 -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> I added it because no one could think of a reason why it would
> hurt.  If it is causing problems, then I can live with backing
> it out until those are better understood.

No, please let the default setting. Mouse button events 4 + 5 are the
default buttons understood by applications for mouse wheels.

I have a patch in bug #4915 I'd like to commit this week that allows
remapping moues buttons (so physical mouse buttons 4 + 5 that are
discarded due to mouse wheel events can now be mapped to logical
buttons 8 + 9). I just have to make sure that the structure changes are
backwards compatible.

I'm open for other ideas, but I guess the mouse driver should be
rewritten anyway, and this patch is not invasive.

CU

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __