ZAxisMapping causing trouble

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Nov 9 15:44:21 PST 2005

Le mercredi 09 novembre 2005 à 10:00 -0800, Kean Johnston a écrit :

> > It's just that 4 + 5 turned out to be default, because in former times
> > mice only had three buttons. Yes, I don't like this approach myself, but
> > there are too many hardcoded applications out there now so we cannot
> > easily change the default (or even change to something sane like a
> > different type of event).
> Right. Thats exactly why I needed to do that map between buttons
> 7 and 8 to 4 and 5, for that exact reason.

Some mice have two wheels (horizontal and vertical), others have
lots_of_buttons.

I'd really love for mice to use abstract events like keyboards
(wheel_up, wheel_down, wheel_left, wheel_right, click_button, etc) with
a mapping database (of every model on the market, like the keyboard
model db). Trying to understand why a particular application uses button
n for some action when you don't have the same mouse model as the app
writer is getting tiring.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot