RFC: Bug #4633 (Initial mouse pointer incorrect with EXA)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Nov 11 03:20:42 PST 2005

>       * EXA could preserve locked offscreen areas across
>         EnableDisableFBAccess() calls.

No, that would mean they are preserved accross VT switches or HW loss in
general... I mean, I have no problem preserving the allocation itself,
as long as there is no assumptions that the _content_ of those areas is
preserved.

>       * xf86RandRSetMode() might be able to take care of this by calling
>         something like UnrealizeCursor() before disabling FB access and
>         RealizeCursor() after re-enabling it.

Might be better for the general case anyway

>       * The driver could wrap EnableDisableFBAccess() and restore the
>         offscreen HW cursor data after FB access gets re-enabled.

Too much wrapper all over the place already :)