RFC: Bug #4633 (Initial mouse pointer incorrect with EXA)

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Nov 11 08:21:49 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 11:05 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 11:51 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> >       * xf86RandRSetMode() might be able to take care of this by calling
> >         something like UnrealizeCursor() before disabling FB access and
> >         RealizeCursor() after re-enabling it.
>
> I think I like this approach best. It'll also cure Thomas' problem with
> the SiS rotation and hw cursor upload.

Thanks for reminding me of that, and thank you, Ben and Thomas for your
feedback in general. You've convinced me that this is the best of the
three approaches I listed. However, on second though, I think it would
be even better if EnableDisableFBAccess() itself took care of it
implicitly rather than xf86RandRSetMode() explicitly. That should also
remove the need for kludges such as the fix for bug #4951, e.g.

Do you guys agree? If so, any preferences for the level at which
EnableDisableFBAccess() should do this?

Have a nice weekend,