NetBSD and GetDflt.c:133: error: too few arguments to function `getpwnam_r'

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Nov 11 16:44:32 PST 2005

Building libXt-0.99.2 failed due to wrong definitions of _XGetpwnam,
_XGetpwuid, and _XGetpwuid in Initialize.c. These are defined in Xos_r.h
as provided from libX11. I had libX11-0.99.0.

Initialize.c: In function `_XtGetUserName':
Initialize.c:309: error: too few arguments to function `getpwuid_r'
Initialize.c: In function `GetRootDirName':
Initialize.c:357: error: too few arguments to function `getpwnam_r'
Initialize.c:359: error: too few arguments to function `getpwuid_r'
*** Error code 1

This is on NetBSD/i386 3.0_BETA.

So I worked on updating to libX11-0.99.3. And it failed with same problem.

I brought up similar situation on the xorg-modular list in October but
didn't receive any feedback regarding this. Please see for more details:

http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-modular/2005-October/000765.html
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-modular/2005-October/000766.html

My workaround in October was:

Adding -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -DXNO_MTSAFE_PWDAPI -D_REENTRANT to my CPPFLAGS.
(I don't remember now if all were needed.)

That worked for me today.

And adding the same for libXt to CPPFLAGS also allowed libXt to build.

Any comments on this before I file a bug?

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/