Composite + Xorg-6.8.2 window resizing artifacts

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 11:40:33 PST 2005

Hello,

Since ages I try to use Composite on my computers (running Fedora-Core
4 updated with latest stable patches), however I always get the same
problems:
- Artifacts when resizing windows
- Holes in windows after some time (you can look through)
- Painting problems with some applications

I first thought these problems are problems of the proprietary nvidia
drivers since these problems did not spot up with RenderAccel
disabled, but now I tried the nv-driver with almost the same result:
Composite is not really useable.
Are this known problems, and is there any chance that it will work with 6.9/7.0?
Last but now least I have to say that I am really impressed about the
2d performance of the nv driver, good work - thanks a lot!

Thanks you in advance, lg Clemens