mouse stuck on left side of screen

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Nov 29 17:02:26 PST 2005

I was surfing in firefox when my pointer disappeared. Moving my mouse up
and down (even without button pushed) was making my browser window scroll.
I pressed a mouse pointer and that behaviour stopped.

I moved my mouse and I saw it moving up and down on my left side of the
display. I could move it fast up and down, but didn't seem to go to the
right.

It seems like I read about someone having this problem before, but can't
find via google.

I then found I can move my mouse very slow to move the pointer to any
where on my display. But if it goes to fast then it jumps to the left
again.

I closed firefox (and made sure the process was not running) and I
restarted blackbox. My pointer is still stuck on left side.

Has anyone seen this?

I just upgraded from xorg 6.8.2 to cvs version (monolothic xc build).

Here are some parts from my config:

Section "ServerLayout"
 		Identifier     "X.org Configured"
 	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
 	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
 	Identifier  "Mouse0"
 	Driver      "mouse"
 	Option	    "Protocol" "wsmouse"
 	Option	    "Device" "/dev/wsmouse"
 	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

I have been using this for a few days.

Previously my configuration did not have that ZAxisMapping configurations
and was using /dev/wsmouse0 instead.

This is NetBSD/i386 2.0.2.

xsets says:

Pointer Control: