RC3 to be cut on Friday 2 Dec 2005

Thomas Dickey dickey at radix.net
Wed Nov 30 17:16:17 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 02:48:24PM -0500, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> After discussing the release status, the release managers feel that
> there are still too many bugs that need to be fixed.  We decided to cut
> another release candidate on Friday to give us time to work through the
> blocker bugs.  Note that after RC3 is cut on Friday, only critical
> release blockers and documentation updates will be allowed into the
> release.  Between now and Friday, we will be reviewing each of the bugs
> on the blocker bug list.  If there are critical bugs that you would like
> to have us review, please add them to the blocker list before Friday.
>
> The updated schedule (from http://wiki.x.org/wiki/X11R6970ReleasePlan)
> is listed below:

This reminded me to check
	http://xorg.freedesktop.org/extras/

and note that xterm-200.tgz is there, however:

	Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:47:56 -0500
	From: Thomas Dickey <dickey at radix.net>
	Subject: Re: Mesa tarball missing in X11R7.0-RC2/extras
	To: Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net>
	Cc: Thomas Dickey <dickey at radix.net>, xorg at lists.freedesktop.org

	[-- PGP output follows (current time: Wed Nov 30 20:14:44 2005) --]
	gpg: Signature made Sun Nov 13 18:47:54 2005 EST using DSA key ID 7C650E87
	gpg: Good signature from "Thomas Dickey <dickey at radix.net>"
	[-- End of PGP output --]

	[-- The following data is signed --]

	On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 04:22:33PM -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:
	> On Friday 11 November 2005 14:12, Thomas Dickey wrote:
	> > So far there are no new reports against #206 (2005/11/3).  Xorg has of
	> > course the change made by Kean Johnston for the Imakefile (I have a
	> > version of that in my changes toward #207).  Supposing that there are
	> > really no new bugs in #206, it would be better to release a #207 with
	> > the Imakefile change.
	>
	> #207 in 6.9 sounds right to me then.
	>
	> > Thinking about all of that, what is your timeframe for getting a new
	> > copy of xterm?
	>
	> Sometime before the final RC, which is still about three weeks out.  I don't
	> expect it'll be a difficult merge.

	I committed #207 this evening.

--
Thomas E. Dickey