Dual Head

Martin Holt Juliussen mjuliuss at online.no
Sun Oct 2 05:37:16 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 12:06 +0200, Matthieu Herrb wrote:

> I don't understand why just running one X server in multi head mode with
> Xinerama disabled doesn't do what you want. In this mode you get two
> screens :0.0 and :0.1. Windows are explicitely attached to one of the
> screens and cannot be moved to the other screen without magic.

What is missing in X to get Xinerama (or something like it) two work
with two different resolutions? How long will it take before we will see
it or will we see it at all? I'm considiring it a really important
feature. (I'm really not trying to criticizer X by this mail, because
I'm not any programmer my self and I'm not really able to help).

--
Martin Holt Juliussen <mjuliuss at online.no>