composite and smooth moving (double buffering?)

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmx.net
Wed Oct 5 10:19:52 PDT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 08:48 schrieb Anders Storsveen:
> Another observation here is, what I mean by smooth, but slow is that. If
> I move a window that I feel is smooth around, like konq or kcontrol, it
> moves with a kind of lag, like if I move my mouse from point a to point
> b, when I'm finished moving the mouse, the window comes
> "dragging"-after. Like if I use TIME to move the mouse, the window uses
> TIME+(SMALLTIME) :) however xterm, and konq, and even konsole is instant.
That's a speed issue - reduce resolution and or depth (e.g. xrandr - just to
try out) and test if this improves your situation. Also the window size
matters.
The key problem here is that the data is passed through the cpu (e.g.
different from quartz eXtreme where most of the action is shifted into the
vram) - what is (i think, correct me anyone) an xaa desiogn problem

Thomas
--
Fear... Fear attracts the fearfull.
The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt.