Updated EXA patch for nv(4)

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Oct 5 11:48:23 PDT 2005

I've done some minor cleanup to Lars' nv EXA patch:

- Fix a bug that made EXA init crash when the DRM module wasn't available
- Hush the error messages a bit when DRM setup fails
- Don't bother trying to do AGP transfer setup when in XAA mode

You can get it at:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~ajax/nv-exa-2.patch

I've tested it on nv5 (the only applicable hardware I have), and it pretty
much works.  XAA doesn't seem to have regressed, and plain EXA works fine
too.  I did hit a bug in the glyph path when using xcompmgr, which I blamed
on double-unwrapping in the cw layer; cw has since been disabled when EXA is
enabled, but I haven't tried it since.  Quite fixable at any rate.

I've heard of success stories with this patch on nv40 and nv30 class hardware.
I plan to merge this before RC1 if I don't hear of an XAA regression in the
next day or two.  So, please test, and report your stories here.

Thanks.

- ajax