CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)

Aaron Plattner aplattner at nvidia.com
Fri Oct 7 13:29:06 PDT 2005

Alan Hourihane wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/cvs/xorg
> Module name:	xc
> Changes by:	alanh at gabe.freedesktop.org	05/10/07 08:39:52
>
> Log message:
>   2005-10-07 Alan Hourihane <alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk>
>           * programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86RandR.c
>   	Use PointerMoved instead of SetCursorPosition, as PointerMoved will
>   	call AdjustFrame to reposition the window if necessary and avoid the
>   	cursor ending up offscreen.
>
> Modified files:
>       ./:
>         ChangeLog
>       xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/:
>         xf86RandR.c
>
>   Revision      Changes    Path
>   1.1403        +6 -0      xc/ChangeLog
>   http://cvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xc/ChangeLog
>   1.14          +1 -1      xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86RandR.c
>   http://cvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86RandR.c

Alan,

This change breaks the rotation support for the nv driver that I was about to check in.
http://people.freedesktop.org/~aplattner/nv-randr-1.patch.  If the cursor's in the
lower-right corner of the screen, an "xrandr -o left" leaves the viewport panned partway
off the root window.  I think you need to compare against scrp->virtualX and
scrp->virtualY instead of size->width and size->height.

-- Aaron