Possible bug in SProcShmCreatePixmap

Neil Campbell batneil at thebatcave.org.uk
Sun Oct 9 08:36:53 PDT 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 21:44, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Does it matter?   Can you ShmCreatePixmap on a remote machine?   You should
> never be byte-swapping when talking to the local machine.

Thanks very much for your reply Alan.

In the scenario in which I'm using it, it does matter (the application isn't
running in the same endianness as the server, although they are on the same
machine).

Presumably though, for whatever reason, this code was intended to work in the
case where byteswapping is required, otherwise none of the other members
would be swapped either.

How does one go about getting a change into CVS?  Should I send in a patch, or
raise a bug report?

Cheers,
Neil