Xorg 7.0-rc1 and EXA (radeon 9200)

Francesco Biscani biscani at pd.astro.it
Thu Oct 20 11:00:48 PDT 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 19:31, Hanno Böck wrote:
> The relevant part of my xorg.conf:
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier  "Generic Graphics Card"
>     Driver      "radeon"
>     Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA"
>     Option      "AGPMode" "4"
> #    Option     "AGPFastWrite" "true"
>     Option      "EnablePageFlip" "true"
>     Option      "DDCMode"
>     Option      "RenderAccel" "true"
>     Option      "BackingStore" "true"
> EndSection

Two things on top of my head: disable BackingStore and add the option:

Option      "SubPixelOrder" "NONE"

Also make sure that DRI is enabled.

Here EXA is working quite fine (radeon IGP 345, so much slower than yours).
There are occasional glitches, like momentary slowdowns and slowness in
switching desktops and scrolling in web browsers. But, other than that,
transparencies are working very fine and smooth.

HTH

--
Dr. Francesco Biscani
Dipartimento di Astronomia