Xorg 7.0-rc1 and EXA (radeon 9200)

morgoth6 at box43.pl morgoth6 at box43.pl
Mon Oct 24 17:08:17 PDT 2005

Hell[o]

> Gnome has its own font configuration (don't know about KDE). Are you
> using sub-pixel antialiasing in Gnome? That may slow down things a bit.

Yes I use SubPixel antialiasing both in Gnome and KDE. I am already aware that this is not accelerated ATM in EXA, but I decide to leave it enabled because KDE is working quite well with sub-pixel antialiasing enabled.

Hmmm, it seems recent GTK use cairo library for rendering graphics. Maybe then it's cairo fault ? I can't downgrade GTK to version doesn't use cairo because my Gnome require it :(

Is there any way to chceck what slow down thing so much ? Some kind of debug in EXA or in driver ? I realy want to help debug this problem but I have only a little experience in this kind of stuff (I am only a filesystem developer) Generaly I can use KDE but this graphics corruptions are a bit ugly. This is definitly weird ... Gnome works fine without any corruptions but dead slow and KDE works normaly but with some gfx glithes :/

--------
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::

   ::: Homepage # http://binaryriot.com/dreamolers :::
  ::: Homepage # http://www.tbs-software.com/morgoth/ :::