Intel 915G with Dell 2005FPW TFT no bigger resolution then 1280x1024

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 27 17:43:59 PDT 2005

Alan Hourihane wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 13:35 -0700, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
>

>>Yes and yes. I meant to say:
>>    When I insert Modeline "1280x768" and Mode "1280x768"  tho, the
>>server fails to match them together.
>>
>>My question to Patrick (and anyone else using i810 ddx) is: do you see
>>the same problem?
>>

>If you are using the BIOS patching tools then there is not really a need
>to add your own modeline. The driver will match for you.
>
>If it isn't working then I suspect the BIOS or maybe the Xserver has
>weeded the mode out for other reasons that the log file would show.
>
>Alan.

This works with the BIOS patching tool.

Alan:
I would like to try your test driver and ForceBIOS option, but our
solaris Xorg environment cannot
resolve the symbols as requested.  I'll have to recompile the source to
try it on  solaris.
Noticed that you haven't done putbacks on it.
Would you be willing to send it to me?

skk