GLX extensions

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 01:20:33 PDT 2005

Russell Shaw writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying glx in xfree86 4.2 on debian. I get some discrepancies:
>

> fprintf(stdout, "glx extensions: %s\n", glXQueryExtensionsString(app->display,
> app->screen));
>
>    glx extensions:       /***** Why doesn't this match client or server
> extensions below? *****/

The glx string is the intersection of client and server strings (think
least-common denominator).  GLX_ARB_get_proc_address (and probably
GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group) don't have a server side component (i.e.
client-side only) and so these are automatically added.  Other than client-side
only extensions, only extensions which exist on both the server and client are
shown in the glx string.

Hope that helps.