xorg todo list

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Sep 22 09:59:58 PDT 2005

Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> Anders Storsveen wrote:
>
>> well, I'm not trolling, just acknowledging the need for some more
>> stuff on the todo-list perhaps?
>

> That list is certainly far from complete, more because all the things
> people think need to be done haven't been written there, than because
> we don't have a long list of things to do.   You can find more to-do
> items in bugzilla and on http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ChangesForX11R71

Looking at:

* Replace default mode list with GTF and CVT generator algorithm

That one has my vote.  BTW:  how doable would be taking the DDC libraries
and making a stand-alone utility that could query and dump the DDC/EDID
information (or via switches, just dump particular fields...)... so it
could be
post-processed by Perl or Python scripts to help create canned
configurations,
etc?

Perhaps even use it to be able to do:

% make -C /etc/X11 xorg.conf.dual-head

and it would probe for the various parameters, and then cobble up an
xorg.conf
file...

Sound useful?

-Philip