Problem with xv when playing HD videos

Hanno Böck ml at hboeck.de
Thu Sep 22 12:14:22 PDT 2005

Hi,

When playing 1080 HD-videos (with a resolution width of 1900), I see a pink
block on the right side (no matter what player).
This doesn't happen when using the -vo x11 option of mplayer, so I assume it's
a problem in the xv output.
When zooming the video with mplayer, the pink block gets smaller and
disappears at 1536 width.

xvinfo says
    maximum XvImage size: 2048 x 2048
so it should work.

The block behaves a bit strange when moving the window around. Vertically, it
has full size. Horizontally, when moving the window right, the block moves
with the window, but when moving left, the block goes out of the window. (if
needed I could create a video of this).

My card:
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M9+ 5C63 [Radeon
Mobility 9200 (AGP)] (rev 01)

My current x is the modular ebuilds from gentoo, but the same bug has been
confirmed by someone else using stable xorg.

An example video where the bug appears can be found here (yes, I know it's
hughe, but that's HD-video):
http://images.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gallery/gl1800/1080p/cornell_m1080p.mov

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:   http://www.hboeck.de/