X.org no longer sees extra buttons?

İsmail Dönmez ismail at uludag.org.tr
Wed Sep 28 00:10:03 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I got a Microsoft mouse with one scroll wheel and two side buttons. And I have
to following configuration in xorg.conf :

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Buttons" "7"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

Now the thing is xev no longer shows/prints an event when I press side
buttons. But the same configuration works fine with Xorg 6.8.2. So I guess
either something is broken or config stuff is changed. Ideas?