i855/6.8.2/1280x768/swsusp1 - can't restore mode after hibernate

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Wed Sep 28 05:56:25 PDT 2005

Am Dienstag, den 27.09.2005, 16:21 -0400 schrieb Jay R. Ashworth:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 01:19:31PM -0400, Felix Kühling wrote:
> > > Is there a way to convince Xorg to run that res without having the
> > > VBIOS say it's ok?  Or, alternatively, is there a way to re-run 855res
> > > on de-hibernate that I'm missing?
> >
> > I'm using a script for hibernation that switches VTs before suspending.
>
> Does that mean you're using Software Suspend *2*, which allows for such
> a script?  I can't find a way to do that in the kernel-based swsusp.

My solution is independent of the suspend method. I use it for suspend
to disk (version 1) as well as suspend to RAM. I just call the script
from acpid and the script takes care of suspending, e.g.
'echo "disk" > /sys/power/state'. After coming back from suspend the
script resumes after the echo-line and has time to reload kernel modules
and restart services. In your case it would tweak the video BIOS.

> Cheers,
> -- jra

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |