intel chipset support

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sat Apr 1 14:14:00 PST 2006

On Sad, 2006-04-01 at 12:52 -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> What makes you think that Microsoft has any more information than
> anyone else outside the video card companies?

It has been observed that there is an interesting correlation between
getting Xbox contracts and being binary only on Linux, but I've never
seen any proof of wrongdoing. I'm sure if anyone has proof there would
be a lot of interested parties.

As to having more info, they clearly do for some cards and at least one
vendor appears to relicense Microsoft IPR into their Linux code. The
question of whether Microsoft having such info is in any way violating
monopoly law is however _very_ different.

Alan