radeon driver: checkpoint

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Apr 3 09:49:11 PDT 2006

> 2. I installed Linux on a disk for this machine in order to be able to
> run radeontool and get register dumps. The behaviour is the same as
> under OpenBSD: mergedfb works well with the current ati-1-0-branch
> driver, but no signal on 2nd head with the traditional 2-screen mode.
> X.Org 6.8.2 works in this mode (but mergedfb displays garbage).

BTW. I would rock if you did a BSD port :) I have no idea how to access
the PCI space on it. Also, the way radeontool currently "finds" the PCI
card sucks, that needs rewriting. We need to either:

 - Bolt a list of known PCI IDs in it, and do proper PCI scan using
libpci on linux based on ID instead of parsing lspci output or
 - Use the pci IDs database if installed in the OS to know the ID

I want to port it to libpci on linux but something else will be needed
for BSD.

Ben.