test intel git repo, with modesetting

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 17:55:29 PDT 2006

On 4/12/06, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 11:52 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:03:12AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > > My driver should work on the i865 fine if it has an sil164, however
> > > for the i915 you might need to add a modeline as I don't have proper
> > > DDC working for sDVO, I'm hoping Eric's driver provides that fix ...
> > > from the docs...
> >
> > What about your code for GMBus? DDC should be done through GMBus for i915.
>
> Yeah, we should do that soon.

Using GMBUS isn't necessary, its optional, you can still bit bang the
ports albeit slow as crap and I'm no sure that isn't causing my
problems with the DDC over sDVO... my code only bitbangs the ports, my
GMBUS code is disabled if you look at my latest i830_i2c.c it works
for a while but doesn't interpret the status returns very well...

> > I wonder, whether DDC can be done for LVDS or if it is only hard coded into BIOS
> > by a manufacturer.
>
> There are pins for doing DDC to the LVDS, but on the two i915 LVDS
> systems I've tested on I've got no response.  The tables from the BIOS
> have given me good EDID information so far, as long as an LVDS is
> present.

Probably don't bother putting DDC eeprom on the panels, cheaper by
about 10 cents...

Dave.