Xinerama and screens

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Apr 12 02:34:53 PDT 2006

Hi,

here come some questions on how to get monitor information with Xinerama.

With XF86VidModeGetMonitor the monitor name defined in XFConfig86 can be
obtained sucessfully. With the call of
  XF86VidModeGetMonitor(display, screen, &monitor)
the monitor structure contains some valuable information like a name.

With Xinerama the screen number is allways 0 on my machine, configured
with TwinView. I can detect the Xinerama alike screen, but not query in
the vidmode extension, as the screen number is still 0.
Is this a limitation of Xinerama or Twinview?

Is there an other way to get informations about connected monitors?

Btw. the XFree86_DDC_EDID1_RAWDATA atom is not available on the root
window.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management