screen blanking problem with radeon 9250 card

Steve Lord lord at xfs.org
Fri Apr 14 10:16:28 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am running an AGP radeon 9250 based card via DVI to a flat panel
monitor. The first card I tried would not work without disabling
acceleration with

	Option "NoAccel" "true"

With it the screen would blank continually.

A replacement card is working with acceleration, but I am still seeing
occasional times when the screen will go black for 2 or 3 seconds and
then come back again. I have tried all sorts of combinations of options
in the Device section of the config file.

I am running on Fedora Core 5, all this used to work with the pre 7.0
xwindows version.

Any pointers on things I can do to get a stable system back - short of
reverting to a previous X release?

Right now my device config looks like this:

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "radeon"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 PRO]"
#       Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA"
         Option      "DDCMode" "on"
#       Option      "EnablePageFlip" "on"
#       Option      "AGPMode" "4"
         Option      "DisplayPriority" "BIOS"
EndSection

xserver log file attached (assuming the list lets that through)

Steve