Radeon Xpress 200M and DRI

Mark Rosenstand mark at borkware.net
Sat Apr 15 13:35:38 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 19:16 +0000, Trent Gamblin wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how I configure Xorg 7.0 to use DRI with my Radeon Xpress
> 200M? I have radeon_dri.so in /usr/lib/dri but glxinfo tells me DRI is not
> enabled. Is DRI supported with my graphics chip? Thanks.

According to radeon(4) on my system, it should be. But check on your own
since I'm running 7.1RC1.

Be sure to check that you load the appropriate modules, both in X and in
your kernel. Reading log files is also a good way to find out what is
going wrong.

> Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft SmartScreen
> Technology
>   Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN Premium right now and get the
> first two months FREE*.

Sure seems like a must-have. Thank you for the tip.