Radeon x300-x800, Xvideo and DRI?

Rune Petersen rune at megahurts.dk
Tue Apr 18 16:14:13 PDT 2006

Hi,

As a user I can tell you how it works for me.

My setup is an X800 XT AGP in an Athlon XP system and I've been using
DRI for some months now.

I have no idea as to the stability of PCI-E, dial-monitors, or dual-link.

XVideo:
XVideo works fine as long as you don't use OSD on top of the video
(causes corruption around the OSD).

DRI:
DRI works fine in many cases as long as your expectations are too high (
no Doom 3 & Quake 4 doesn't work :)
Also you have to use the Xorg CVS for the best result.

http://megahurts.dk/rune/r300_status.html

YMMV

Rune Petersen