GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at fi.muni.cz
Fri Apr 21 13:15:40 PDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:18:29AM -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:
> I think it may be a bug.  Right now GLX_EXT_tfp is listed as "{Y, N, N,
> N}" in glxextensions.c.  This means that if direct rendering is
> available, the client library, the server, and the direct rendering
> driver all have to support the extension.  However, the code that
> implements the functions for GLX_EXT_tfp all return errors when direct
> rendering is actually enabled.
>
> This leads me to believe the GLX_EXT_tfp doesn't depend on the direct
> rendering driver at all.  I think the correct setting for it in
> glxextensions.c is "{Y, Y, N, N}".  That will cause it to be enabled if
> the client library and server support it, regardless of what the direct
> rendering driver says.
>
> James, David: Does that sound right to you?

I've tried to do it myself but no big luck.

GLX_EXT_tfp exists in GLX extensions:
GLX extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,
    GLX_MESA_swap_control, GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage,
    GLX_OML_swap_method,
    GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
    GLX_SGIS_multisample,
    GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap

But compiz still complains:
./compiz: No stencil buffer. Clipping of transformed windows is not going to be
correct when screen is transformed.
./compiz: glXBindTexImage failed
./compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x20000e to texture
./compiz: Failed to load image: background.png
./compiz: glXBindTexImage failed
./compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x20000e to texture

according to sources, it looks like glXBindTexImageEXT function fails.

Ant this function most probably fails because of this check:

./src/glx/x11/glxcmds.c:2667

#ifdef GLX_DIRECT_RENDERING
    if (gc->isDirect)
            return False;