TV does not work anymore in xorg 7.0.14 (Intel i810, Debian unstable, Kernel 2.6.16.9)

Martin Petruzzi santino at cubic.ch
Sat Apr 22 16:22:37 PDT 2006

Hi

I have an onboard-Intel graphics controller (Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE) which was covered and still is supposed to be covered by the i810 driver as well as a TV card with the Conexant CX23880 chipset. This combination was running perfect until debian included xorg 7.0 in the unstable tree some days ago.

Apart from the keyboard issues (driver name and de_CH/ch-Layout) which are solved now, I can not watch TV anymore. tvtime says: "Cannot allocate enough off-screen video memory." and it tells me to give the graphics controller more memory what I have done without any effect. xawtv does not work anymore eigther.

Has somebody got any ideas? What did change here and what do I need to adjust?

I appreciate your help. Many thanks.

Best regards,
Martin Petruzzi