dickey at radix.net
Fri Aug 4 03:05:56 PDT 2006
Patch #216 - 2006/8/3
* improve handling of ConfigureNotify events by checking if there are
further events in the queue which obsolete the current one (adapted
from rxvt 2.7.5). Only the normal normal (non-toolbar)
configuration is addressed in this patch.
* several changes to terminfo:
+ incorporate some minor changes from ncurses to help keep these
modify sgr/sgr0 in xterm-new to improve tgetent's
remove ncv flag from xterm-16color
improve xterm-256color by combining the 16-color
setaf/setab strings with SGR 48, and cancelling the
+ use extended function-key definitions for xterm-sun, xterm-sco
+ add terminfo building-blocks corresponding to the
modifyFunctionKeys and modifyCursorKeys resources.
* ifdef'd Sun function-key feature to make it optional, like HP and
* extend table for termcap-query feature through F63, and updated
tcapquery.pl to match.
* modify logic for function-key input processing to allow function
key numbers which are constructed by control- and shift-modifiers
to extend beyond X's hardcoded limit of 35.
* add control sequence to set or reset the eightBitInput resource.
* change default resource modifyFunctionKeys to 2 to avoid sending
SS3 with parameters (report by Kalle Olavi Niemitalo).
* add control sequences for setting and resetting the values of the
modifyCursorKeys, modifyFunctionKeys and modifyOtherKeys resources.
* add modifyFunctionKeys resource like modifyCursorKeys. Setting this
to zero allows one to use the control- and shift-modifiers to
construct function key strings, for terminals using many function
keys, e.g., for xterm-sun or xterm-sco.
* modify screen responses and function-key logic to reduce the number
of writes made, to make it less likely that an application would
read only part of a function-key in a read operation (suggested by
John E Urbanczyk).
* add combiningChars resource, which allows the user to specify the
maximum number of combining characters that xterm will store for
each cell in wide-character mode (prompted by request by Markus
Kuhn to increase the limit from 2).
* improve logic in metaSendsEscape in case the Alt- and Meta-keys are
mapped to different modifiers. That allows one to use the Alt-key
for shifting in the eightBitInput and use a Meta-key modifier to
prefix the result with an <ESC>.
* improve modifyCursorKeys logic to prevent it from modifying codes
where eightBitInput or metaSendsEscape are set (request by Dan
* improve modifyCursorKeys logic to prevent it from changing the user
input when other modifiers such as AltGr are used (report by Thomas
* extend modifyCursorKeys to include the numeric keypad when in
* improve -reverse (-rv) option (patch by Jason Vas Dias, Redhat
* workaround for color resources on Fedora-5 which made the toolbar
* corrected calls used for --disable-setuid option, add debugging
traces to help diagnose this area.
* modify configure script to ensure that USE_UTMP_SETGID is defined
only if the check for POSIX saved-ids succeeds, or corresponds to
one of the BSD systems known to have a workable setegid function.
* extend configure check for POSIX saved-ids to include BSD systems
* modify CF_SYSV configure macro to work with gcc on HPUX 10.20,
whose broken <term.h> relies on including <termios.h>.
* change order of setuid/setgid ifdef checks in Imakefile to make it
simpler to produce a setgid install, allowing the latter to
override the former (prompted by an XFree86 commit).
* adapt a fix for setgid support from subsequent XFree86 changes
(patch by Emanuele Giaquinta).
* further improve setgid support (patches by Emanuele Giaquinta).
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg