i810 driver branches

Tue Aug 8 04:38:34 PDT 2006

Hey all,

I have two problems with the i810 driver and they are both solved in
different branches.

First i needed 1280x800 resolution for a LVDS panel where the BIOS
wrongly tells the driver it is a 1024x768 panel. With a small hack in
the modesetting branch i could trick the driver in thinking it is a
1280x800 panel and it works great.

The second problem is that i need a dualhead setup with two different
revolutions (1280x800 + 1280x1024). The mergedfb branch makes this
possible, of course the driver thinks the panel is 1024x768 again since
for that fix i need the modesetting branch.

The good thing about this is, I know the hardware works, the bad thing
is I need both branches at the same time.

Now my question, what are the plans with these branches, both seem to
have active development. Will they be merged into "master" anytime
soon ?

- Erwin