Attempt at input event documentation

Thu Aug 10 00:47:00 PDT 2006

On 09/08/2006, at 18:35 PM, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Our wikis use Moin, but feel free to put it there.

any suggestions on where to put it?
Directly in the developer's pages seems a bit bold. maybe in the
developers FAQ?

> In the input-hotplug branch, the DDX isn't actually responsible for
> event generation any more.  There are two functions (GetPointerEvents
> and GetKeyboardEvents[0]) in the DIX which generate all the events for
> you, and the DDX enqueues them as it sees fit.  This included fixing
> mieq so it was Xi-aware, so XFree86 and KDrive both use it now.
>
> This should hopefully make MPX easier, as you can just generate all
> the
> events you need in GPE.  It still has a few limitations at the moment
> (most glaringly: lack of multi-screen; I don't have a multiscreen
> system
> to test on), but is mostly there.  I've been using it daily on my
> laptop
> for three or so weeks now.

funnily enough, the event generation was fairly easy*.
At the moment my major grief is getting the sprites to render without
segfaulting occasionally.

* I have not tested all codepaths yet so I may have to revert this
statement at a later point in time.

Cheers,
   Peter

--