Xorg7.1 Sources miss Files

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Mon Aug 14 10:07:10 PDT 2006

Hannes Hauswedell wrote:
> however it still doesnt build. as the guide states the build  halts on
> libXfont-X11R7.1-1.1.0 because freetype2 is 2.2.1 . using the newer version
> of xfont, i.e. 1.2.0 solves the problem for libXfont.
> however fonttosfnt has the same problems with freetyp2.2.1, i.e. i get
> #includes expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
> errors and i could not find an updated version of this package.
>
> what can i do about it?

Use freetype older than 2.2.0 if you want to use X11R7.1.  They broke
compatibility in that release for software like Xorg that was using
freetype private interfaces (which Xorg shouldn't have been).

As for fonttosfnt compatibility with current freetype, I have no
idea - maybe someone else on the list does, though I don't remember
seeing anyone ever file a bug about it.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com