Composite application usage question

Gautam Iyer gautam at math.stanford.edu
Sun Aug 20 17:50:32 PDT 2006

Hi All,

I'd like to do the following: I want a translucent window, but the text
in that window to be opaque (or at least less translucent). It's for a
terminal emulator (mrxvt).

    1. Is it possible using libXcomposite?

    2. How? I found very little documentation out there. Just the
       protocol specification (which is not easy to understand), and the
       header files.

Is there some secret tutorial on using Xcomposite which would help me?
Also if one of you Xorg gurus knows how to do the above, and can briefly
tell me, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

GI

--