Timeout on X

Ander Conselvan de Oliveira ander at c3sl.ufpr.br
Mon Aug 21 14:54:24 PDT 2006

Geraldo Netto wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> How are you?
>
> I'm geraldo from Brazil and i would like to know how to set the
> timeout for xdmcp connections
> Here we have thinclients that dies after 20 minutes while real pcs
> with all kind of distros(debian, centos, suse, ...) don't die.
This may happen if the thinclients have little memory. Applications like
OpenOffice cache images in the X server, which runs in the terminal, but
it does not know how much memory it has. So, sometimes it allocates all
the thinclient memory. When it tries to allocate more, the X server
allocation fails and it dies.

One way to solve this issue is to use swap memory.

Regards,
Ander

--
Ander Conselvan de Oliveira
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre