i810 modesetting branch

Tue Aug 22 05:20:56 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 10:17 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:

> Sorry, it sounded like you wanted to span the displays in your initial
> email.
>
> It's possible to achieve. Go ahead and bash on the modesetting code.

What is the status of the modesetting branches. I saw you started a new
git repo with a merge of master and a modesetting branch. What would be
the right way to actually help, instead of just getting something to
work on one machine. I for example have a embedded 852GM board, with a
poor BIOS (only knows 1024x768 LVDS Panels, while the panel is
1280x800), that works with the modesetting branch (after i hack the BDB
data to fake a 1280x800 resolution), but i need master to get mergedfb
working.

Now i hacked 915resoltution to do the BDB hacking, but that works only
half. The display doesn't display junk anymore. Before it displayed the
1024x768 in the top left corner, and from 1025 to 1280 it was black from
769 to 800 was a repeat of line 768. Wit my hacked 915resolution it
displays the 1024x768 in the center and it has no messy borders, but
Xorg still refuses to go in 1280x800 mode.

So i would really like to help to get the modesetting stuff into master,
but don't really know where to start.

- Erwin